An Airbnb co-host makes it a lot easier to divvy out the responsibilities of being an Airbnb owner. Especially if you want to grant the same sort of access that you have on your Airbnb account without handing over your sensitive account information.
If you get a co-host, being the owner of a property listing becomes a lot easier. This post will break down everything you need to know about finding a co-host for your Airbnb.
What is an Airbnb Co-Host?
An Airbnb co-host is somebody who helps you manage your listing from their own Airbnb account. From there, they are free to handle many responsibilities, such as managing the listing, writing reviews, managing your reservations, and so on.
Who is the Best Airbnb Co-Host?
There are a few different types of co-hosts you could have:
- Professional Co-Hosts.
- Standalone Freelance Co-Hosts.
- Family Member Co-Hosts.
Finding the best Airbnb co-host for your needs means that you need to come up with a budget and set of expectations, and then find the best candidate for the position.
A few companies out there provide co-hosting services for your Airbnb. If you don’t have a trusted family member around to help you out, this can be the best way to ensure that your rental makes enough profit. Having a professional co-host makes it a lot more hassle-free to own a rental property. Most importantly, it lets you start collecting checks with the confidence that your vacation rental is being managed by somebody who knows what they’re doing.
Advantages of a professional Airbnb Co-Host:
- Fully hassle-free.
- You can earn more money using a professional Airbnb management service.
- They usually know the market well.
- Understand how to provide a great guest experience
- They know to make your Airbnb stand out and how to price it.
- They also take care of all marketing and operations.
- Typically have in-house handyman and cleaning service
- they can provide the service around the clock and fix any issues on the fly.
Disadvantages of a professional Airbnb Co-Host:
- You have to pay a management fee (although most of the time it’s easily covered 5-6x by the increased revenue)
- If you are interested in working with a professional Airbnb co-host service, check out Whome, the Airbnb management company.
There are standalone freelancers who specialize in just about any sort of professional field. Accordingly, those who are willing to hire a freelance co-host should know that this is very easy to do so. Freelancers who specialize in Airbnb hosting can be found on various online freelance platforms.
One of the major reasons that people may choose to use freelancers is that they are affordable. That, and there are so many of them to choose from. Freelancers are sometimes full-time workers, but may also be freelancing on the side while they work a second job, go to school, and so on. If you want the best freelancer to manage your property, you should make sure they have plenty of experience and know what they are doing.
- Lots of competition
- Risky. They might have too little experience
- Won’t help with a revenue strategy
- Not hassle-free
- They can’t replace stuff in the middle of the night as an Airbnb management company with their own maintenance team can
Family Members as Co-Hosts
Adding a co-host to your Airbnb account doesn’t have to be complicated. If you have a trusted family member who is willing to handle the co-host responsibilities for you, then this could end up being the easiest option for you.
Although there are certain circumstances where having family help run your Airbnb, remember that they aren’t experienced in advanced hospitality or business strategies. Your teenage son probably won’t know how to construct a revenue strategy, be able to call up a maintenance team when something needs to be replaced, and so on.
- Ideal if you live in a small town that has no Airbnb management companies.
- Not always experienced.
- Won’t construct a revenue strategy.
- Not hassle-free.
- Hard to deal with bad feedback.
- They can’t replace stuff in the middle of the night as an Airbnb management company with their own maintenance team can.
How to Add a Co Host on Airbnb?
In order to add a co host to your Airbnb listing, you simply need to go to your page listing. From there, you should see the listing that you want to add co-host Airbnb access. There, you will easily be able to look up the profile of the person you want to hire as a co-host. Keep in mind, though, that you can only add up to three different co-hosts for each of your property listings.
- Log Into Your Airbnb Account
- Head Over to Your Listing
- Add a Co-Host to the Listing
What Can a Co-Host Do on your Airbnb Account?
- Manage Booking Data: The co-host for your listing will be able to see the latest booking data. This includes the dates you have reserved, the arranged rates, and so on.
- Talk With your Guests: Your co-host will be able to assist you with sending and receiving messages from your Airbnb account. Whenever you have a guest message you, simply forward it over to your co-host.
- Create a Listing: If you need to make a new listing, a co-host can get this done for you.
Summary – Getting an Airbnb Co-Host
If you want something hassle-free, then the best solution for you is working with a professional Airbnb management company. A good Airbnb management service will do everything beginning to end, so you won’t even need to deal with the problems or come to your apartment often.
If you’re a hustler, you can do it yourself, ask a family member or a freelancer. But you’ll still need to spend 30-40% of your time handling your Airbnb.